The Area Operation Manager is responsible for overseeing project implementation within a specific area. This role involves developing project implementation standards, ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within budget, and meeting specifications, resolving operational challenges, and leading a team of project managers. Here are the key responsibilities and qualifications for this role:
- Develop project implementation standards to ensure scalability and business sustainability.
- Ensure all projects within the area are delivered on-time, within specification, and within budget, while resolving operational challenges.
- Review and approve the submitted Project Execution Plan (PEP), including new or change orders, and maintain collaboration with the project team and stakeholders.
- Ensure the execution of projects is consistent with the approved PEP.
- Manage PEP Change Management, including evaluating operational considerations, consulting with subject matter experts, and recommending appropriate courses of action.
- Consolidate and report periodically on the overall accomplishments and project status of all assigned projects.
- Manage document management, including the development of area-wide manuals, processes, procedures, work instructions, memorandums, and other relevant documents.
- Propose and recommend solutions to manage project risks.
- Lead a team of project managers, promoting effective collaboration and goal attainment.
- Ensure compliance of all employees under the department with company policies and operational guidelines.
- Evaluate performance using key metrics and address any issues to improve performance.
- Coordinate with different business units as necessary.
- Must be a licensed Civil Engineer.
- At least 10 years of work experience in a managerial position is required.
- Hands-on experience in civil works such as roads, bridges, drainage, slope protection, and building repair and construction is preferred.
- Experience in ports and harbor projects (reclamation works, construction of wharfs, and pile driving works) is an advantage.
- The candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Analytical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership skills.