- The Area Sales Manager is the key growth driver for the assigned Region. He/she is responsible for strategic planning, leadership, execution, measurement and control of the various activities related to the development of the company’s business in their assigned region.
- The focus is Key Account Management, Account Business Development, Customer Service and Technical Support to ensure that customers’ needs are met in accordance with company mission, vision and values.
- This position will manage the Trade Network (Distributors, Dealers, Key Institutional Accounts, HORECAs) and coordinate the various requirements of customers internally and externally. (Assigned areas and accounts are based on upon the Region Organization Chart and may vary subject to company discretion). This is a leadership position with Sales Account Executives (SAEs) directly reporting into to this position.
- Area Sales Manager will lead, manage, motivate and develop the team members to help support company objectives.
- The Area Sales Manager will report directly to the Executive Vice President Sales & Marketing (EVPS&M), and operationally report into National Sales Planning & Coordination Manager (NSPM) who aligns sales support and operations.
- Develop the overall strategic plan for assigned area of coverage and development for the area, making sure that this is aligned to the general corporate marketing strategy and product / service portfolio and followed by the Region team members. Execute the said plan with approval of management.
- Create initiatives aimed towards achieving consistent and sustainable business growth through customer and business development efforts such as: opening of new customers, increasing product sales, proposing new product or service offerings or promotional ideas
- Submit a regular monthly report to management on sales and collection performance achievement, business development, key trade issues, competitive activity. Recommend improvements where needed.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts, develop new ones, revive old accounts.
- Provide account support and development through coverage, inventory management, activities (ex. Sampling, demos) and trade merchandising.
- Ensure proper customer servicing by monitoring the stock availability and sales performance of the dealers/distributors and key accounts assigned within the Region.
- Coordination, investigation and reporting of any product issues via the proper company procedure.
- Executes and monitors Dealers/Distributor programs making sure that each activity is carried out according to the directives of the sales plan within the established budget and deadlines.
- Manages and implements the pricing guidelines for each account
- Participates in company social media activities, online and offline events to support the trade channels.
- Conducts periodic business reviews with SAEs, key customers within the assigned area and updates them on new directions. Submits a copy of the minutes of the meeting, summarizing action steps and agreements.
- Promote and uphold the company mission, vision and core values at all times.
TECHNICAL SALES ACTIVITIES & SUPPORT
- Planning, organizing and implementing targeted Trade Demos and Sampling Activities for the Region. o Conducting one-on-one demos with end users and mass demos with larger groups (ex. Sub-Dealers and End users of Distributors). Coordination and resources can be aligned with Head Office Marketing and Technical Center as needed.
- Identifying client/ customer needs and recommending type of demo approach, product usage and application, adaptation/ enhancement of in-house recipes and/or creation based on client need.
- Plan and implement sampling activities across distribution channels.
- Events/ demos/ sampling will require coordination and implementation for preparation, setup, event proper and post event review.
- Be the Product Expert / Technical Resource for Region. Master product knowledge and technical application to be key technical resource person for the assigned region.
- Train and orient team members to be up to date on product and selling methods.
- Provide orientation for partner chefs and home bakers.
- Strategy execution includes collaboration, support and active participation in related Sales & Marketing activities including but not limited to social media events (ex. Facebook Lives), online and offline events.
- Communicates and coordinates customer requirements with the National Sales & Planning Manager (NSPM) in order to ensure smooth servicing of their requirements.
- Cultivate, develop and maintain excellent and harmonious business relationship with all Trade Partners key decision makers.
- Monitors and evaluates the revenue, collection, client servicing performances of each SAE and for any direct accounts and submits a recommendation for appropriate action to management.
- Prepares and updates the annual/monthly sales forecast and budget of the area and establish the allocation of this forecast/budget among the assigned accounts and SAEs within the area.
- Management of the performance of Sales Account Executives. This will include overseeing and supporting: sales results, sales reports, forecasting, sampling, ordering & quality concerns, & collection.
- Administration and Planning. Ensure that the MCP (Monthly Coverage Plan) is submitted for yourself and each team member and weekly DAR (Daily Activity Reports) are sent.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Food Technology or any related field.
• At least 10 years of work experience in Sales in related industry.
• With relevant work experience in both local and multinational food company.
Skills and Competencies:
• Leadership and people management , good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strategic and analytical thinking.
• Decision making.
• Negotiation and coordination.
• Organization and planning skills.
• Positive can-do mindset.
• Go-getter, results and success oriented.
• Flexible, agile, and ability to work under pressure.
• A plus if candidate is a “foodie” and knows how to bake.
• Must be open to travelling and spending majority of time on field.