- The Global Program Lead is a crucial role within Microsoft’s Service Desk, responsible for overseeing the function globally and supporting local marketing activities through a centralized Service Desk ecosystem.
- This role positively impacts the business by ensuring efficient service delivery, strategic oversight, and fostering collaboration across regional stakeholders.
- Support Microsoft’s global Service Desk and provide strategic and operational oversight to Regional Program Leads.
- Manage the service against defined KPIs and success measures, ensuring proper capture of all requests and leading service reviews.
- Manage and oversee Service Desk staff, including Regional Program Leads, with a focus on retention, promotion, and onboarding.
- Drive ongoing improvement and innovation through shared practices and thought leadership.
- Support Microsoft’s efforts to promote the Marketing Service Desk within the organization and seek opportunities to grow the service.
- Service Management: Be accountable for the Global Service Desk, provide strategic and operational oversight to Regional Program Leads, and manage the service against defined KPIs. Lead monthly and quarterly service reviews, provide updates, and review feedback for continuous improvement.
- Hiring and People Management: Manage and oversee Service Desk staff, including Regional Program Leads. Work on staff retention, promotion, and onboarding. Manage the planning process and resource capacity requirements. Ensure accurate data in appropriate systems.
- Service Deployment & Readiness: Ensure Marketing Coordinators participate in relevant calls and complete necessary trainings. Drive ongoing improvement and innovation through shared practices. Provide input for process improvement and facilitate change management.
- Business Development: Support Microsoft’s promotion of the Marketing Service Desk. Develop a clear value proposition for staffing MSD resources through the agency. Promote awareness with internal stakeholders and seek opportunities to pitch services to internal Microsoft stakeholders.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications.
- Intermediate to advanced project management strategies and tools.
- Basic business, systems, and process analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing communications vehicles, tools, and execution both online and offline.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize services with stakeholders.
- Relationship management, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft brand and products.
- University degree.
- At least 10 years of solid marketing communications (agency or client-side), business operations, or business consulting experience.
- People/team management experience.
- Self-starter: Proactive attitude and a desire to find creative solutions.
- Team player: Focus on winning as a team, being cooperative and collaborative.
- Open-minded: Ability to effectively work with different teams and personalities, being flexible and adaptable.
- Detail-oriented: Take ownership of the work and possess strong analytical skills.
- Cool-headed: Maintain patience and an even temperament.
- Drive for results: Be tough and persistent, knowing when to conduct research versus making quick decisions.
- Client service-oriented: Have a positive and optimistic attitude.