Summary of Functions:
- The Project Manager shall be responsible for the overall construction management of the
assigned project site.
- Overall management of the operations and construction activities at project site from project
awarding to turnover.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities (operating strategies, plans, or
procedures) to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and oversee the project budget. Ensure operating expenses are monitored and
- Provide technical or resource requirements for development of site projects. Estimate
quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility and
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design,
construction, or program modifications or structural repairs.
- Conducts construction inspection and review the integrity of the structure and recommends
corrective action to avoid cumulative effect of such deviation and recover delay to finish the
task in time.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points,
grades, or elevations to guide construction.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other
topographical or geologic data.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Direct engineering activities ensuring compliance with environmental, safety, or other
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses needed for construction sites
Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper
construction procedures are being followed.
- Identify local community and environmental risks and develop risk management strategies
for the respective projects/site. Ensure that all issues are resolved in a professional manner.
- Prepares necessary reports for third party evaluation, deficiency and progress reports, and
other reports requested by management;
- Maintain an inventory log for all materials, equipment and related resources required at site.
Processes requisition of supplies and materials needed to complete the construction project
on a timely basis.
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements, as needed.
- Ensures identified first responders address emergencies such as machine/equipment
breakdown or failures, natural calamities and civil unrest; communicate timely updates to
the head office.
- Oversee the work performance of all workers on site. Provides clear directives and
instructions to all.
- Implements team adherence to safety practices and procedures.
- Must be a licensed Civil Engineer.
- At least has a 8 years and work experienced in a Managerial position is required for the
- Experienced in ports and harbor (reclamation works, construction wharfs, and pile driving
works) is an advantage.
- The candidate must possess the following qualities:
a. Analytical thinker and problem-solving skills
b. Keen to details
c. Good communication skill
d. Leadership skills