- The Social Media Pod Lead is the lead role in the Social Command Centre team.
- The team is dedicated to one high-profile technology client and is responsible for delivering social media campaigns and always-on programs.
- The team consists of 5 direct reports, spread across 3 areas: content, performance, and operations.
- They liaise with clients on social strategy and activity briefs, as well as with internal and sister agency teams for social strategy, paid social, creative, and production services.
- Aligning on strategy and intake of all briefs, driving the work to completion, and achieving agreed-upon KPIs and growth metrics for the social engagement program.
- Leading and overseeing the Content Lead managing the editorial calendar, the Performance Lead driving paid social and reporting and insights streams, and the Operational Lead managing social posting and community management.
- Being responsible for the overall output and performance of the team and having financial accountability for the account.
- Having input into the team’s ways of working and internal processes.
- Being the key point of contact for the client, working closely with the client’s social leadership team and a wide range of marketing contacts within their business.
- Being the key point of contact for sister agency teams, building strong collaborative relationships and ensuring efficient delivery of strategy, creative, and production within a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee and manage the Social Command Centre team and operation.
- Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for all Social Command Centre intake briefs and streams, managing and delegating appropriately.
- Act as the voice of the regular engine assemblies and guardian of all guides and processes.
- Collaborate with the Content and Media Strategy team to incorporate all social priorities into the overarching social plans and lead the implementation and performance of operational and community management.
- Build direct relationships with marketing coordinators, agency disciplines, and clients. Foster a positive atmosphere and build relationships within assigned client teams and the broader Social Command Centre team.
- Own the rhythm of connections and meetings, both within the team and with client stakeholders and agency groups delivering on specific tasks.
- Be accountable for achieving the agreed-upon KPIs and growth metrics for the social engagement program.
- Work closely with both the Social Command Centre team and the client’s Social Media Marketing team to stay informed about weekly channel activities.
- Drive and establish guidelines and strategies for social organic and paid performance. Ensure the team is familiar with global and UK social media guidance and governance processes. Ensure compliance with company-wide social standards and channel requirements.
- Onboard new Social Marketing Coordinators and other necessary team members.
- Establish a framework for feedback collation and presentation to Social Media Marketing clients, Integrated Marketing Managers, and other agency teams. Incorporate community sentiment and talking points to create more engaging and resonating content.
- Drive and assign training for additional social resources on our tools, as required during peak times. Manage processes and workflow.
- Confidently present ideas, plans, and execution strategies to clients and the wider delivery agency team.
- Engage with the client’s global social media team, D&I team, and other assigned internal stakeholders to share knowledge and successes.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a social delivery stream/team for 3+ years, either in an agency or managing an internal client social team, preferably with experience in a tech brand across both B2B and B2C audiences.
- Experience managing a team of 3+ people simultaneously.
- Hands-on experience with multiple social platforms, strong knowledge and confident use of their capabilities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn), and an awareness of emerging social media platforms and capabilities.
- Fundamental understanding across Social Content, Paid Social, Analytics, and Community Management.
- Client-facing experience.
- Ability to work autonomously and confidently lead in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team and people management skills with a passion for nurturing people’s growth.
- Effective communication skills, able to share ideas with stakeholders across different disciplines and experience levels.
- Analytical thinker with a strong understanding of data to provide insights.
- Excellent command of the English language, outstanding written communication skills, and the ability to adapt to different tones of voice for various audiences.
- Innate passion and curiosity about the ever-changing landscape of social media.